- Present an idea, question, or issue to students. Each student first thinks about the idea/question/issue for one minute, with the goal of generating at least three reactions, comments, answers, etc.
- Two students pair up with their lists and try to come up with three things they agree on.
- The pairs of students then join with another pair and try to come up with three things they agree on.
- Repeat for as many iterations as desired.
- Eventually, bring the class together as a group to hear what the students have decided are the three most important issues, questions, ideas relevant to the topic discussed.